- Wagons are unpowered railway vehicles that are used for the transportation of cargo.
- A variety of wagon types are in use to handle different types of goods, but all goods wagons in a regional network typically have standardized couplers and other fittings, such as hoses for air brakes, allowing different wagon types to be assembled into trains.
- A belt conveyor system consists of two or more pulleys with an endless loop of carrying medium—the conveyor belt—that rotates about them.
- One or both of the pulleys are powered, moving the belt and the material on the belt forward
It consists of:
- Buckets to contain the material;
- A belt to carry the buckets and transmit the pull;
- Means to drive the belt;
- Accessories for loading the buckets or picking up the material, for receiving the discharged material, for maintaining the belt tension and for enclosing and protecting the elevator.
- A ropeway is a form of naval lifting device used to transport light stores and equipment across rivers or ravines.