Following terms are used in projectile:
1) Trajectory: It is the path traced by a projectile in the space.
3) Velocity of projection: It is the velocity with which a projectile is prjected.
3) Angle of projection: It is the angle, with the horizontal, at which the projectile is projected.
4) Time of flight: It is the total time taken by a projectile, to reach maximum height and to return back to the ground.
Range: It is the distance between the point of projection and the point where the projectile strikes the ground.
Equation of Path of Projectile
O = point of projection
v= velocity of projection
Alpha = Angle of projection with the horizontal
After time t , The equation of the path of [projectile or the equation of trajectory is given by
y= xtan(alpha) – (gx^2/2u^2cos^2alpha)
1) Time of flight (t)= (2usin(alpha)/g)
2) Range (R) = (u^2sin2(alpha) / g)
3) Maximum Height (H) = u^2 sin^2alpha / 2g