it is very difficult to select final year project for students .there are many projects topic on which we can do our project work .project related to research work are rarely done in nepal due to different reasons . if you do research based work it would be helpful for you for further studies.there are two types of projects
- analysis and design based
- research base
we can do project on different subjects
- structure related
- transportation related
- hill road
- intersection design
- water related
- water supply
There may be several considerations:
- If you intend to pursue higher studies, choose a topic from that area of specialization.
- If you don’t intend to pursue higher studies (or are not sure about it at present), identify an area that employers consider useful (depending on the employment segment you are targeting
how to choose topic
- Choose the project in your area of interest.
- Choose your guide carefully. This is very important as one cannot do the project single handedly.
- Browse various trending topics in your area of interest. Make sure that they will have a future. There is no point in doing a project that wont have any value in the future.
- If you want to do an MS after graduation and want to do research, make sure that your project is related to your area of research
The topic for the project should hence be chosen very carefully and wisely. The various parameters which should be considered while choosing a good project topic are:
1. Field of Interest or Area of Specialisation – Enjoy doing your Project
2. Application of project in further studies or future job – Learn a new skill set
3. Resorces available to execute the project – Hardware/ Software/ Testing???
5. Specialisation of guide or supervisor
The success of any project depends largely on the initial ‘Idea’. The idea for any good project can come only by:
1. Interacting with Professors or Seniors or ‘On-field’ engineers.
2. Reading a lot of books on engineering (and may be some times sci-fi movies)
3. Looking around you (the world is full of real engineering problems)
No matter what, ensure that the work is non-trivial, shows your ability to identify your deep interest in the topic and the underlying reason why that topic interests you. Make sure you survey what others have done to solve the same problem you are attempting to solve now and ensure that you don’t blindly duplicate the work done by others. You must be able to clearly explain the reasons how you chose the procedure/approach that you adopted to solve the problem and its underlying basis.
In the end, your project must reflect your aspirations, abilities and rigour with which you pursue your goals. It is a reflection of you as a person.
check other blog for details about different projects