- Excavators are heavy construction equipment consisting of a boom, stick, bucket and cab on a rotating platform known as the “house”.
- All movement and functions of a hydraulic excavator are accomplished through the use of hydraulic fluid, with hydraulic cylinders and hydraulic motors.
- A bulldozer is a crawler (continuous tracked tractor) equipped with a substantial metal plate (known as a blade) used to push large quantities of soil, sand, rubble, or other such material during construction or conversion work typically equipped at the rear with a clawlike device (known as a ripper) to loosen densely compacted materials.
- A loader (bucket loader, front loader, front-end loader, payloader, scoop, sho vel, skip loader, or wheel loader) is a heavy equipment machine used in construction to move aside or load materials such as asphalt, demolition debris, dirt, snow, feed, grave l,logs, raw minerals, recycled material, rock, sand, woodchi ps, etc. into or onto another type of machinery (such as a dump truck,conveyor belt, feed-hopper, or railroad car).
- A backhoe loader, also called a loader backhoe is a heavy equipment vehicle that consists of a tractor like unit fitted with a shovel/bucket on the front and a small backhoe on the back. Due to its (relatively) small size and versatility, backhoe loaders are very common in urban engineering and small construction projects (such as building a small house, fixing urban roads, etc.) as well as developing countries.
- Draglines fall into two broad categories: those that are based on standard, lifting cranes and the heavy units which have to be built on-site.
- Most crawler cranes with an added winch drum on the front can act as a dragline.
- These units (like other cranes) are designed to be dismantled and transported over the road on flatbed trailers.
- The clamshell bucket is a sophisticated articulating twopiece bucket mechanically hinged at the middle to form a claw-like appendage with an internal volume. It is attached by a hangar or bracket and uses ground engaging tool on its cutting edge to dig in a vertical direction.
- Clamshell buckets are commonly used in dredging, excavation or material handling, however, each application has its unique requirements and has to be designed optimally for maximum efficiency.
· The scraper is a large piece of equipment used
in mining, construction, agriculture and
other earthmoving applications.
- The rear part has a vertically moveable hopper (also known as the bowl) with a sharp horizontal front edge
- The hopper can be hydraulically lowered and raised. When the hopper is lowered, the front edge cuts into the soil or clay like a plane and fills the hopper
- When the hopper is full (8 to 34 m3 or 10 to 44 cu yd heaped, depending on type) it is raised, and closed with a vertical blade (known as the apron).
- A trencher is a piece of construction equipment used to dig trenches, especially for laying pipes or cables, for installing drainage, or in preparation for trench warfare.
- Trenchers may range in size from walk-behind models, to attachments for a skid loader or tractor, to very heavy tracked heavy equipment.
- A grader is a construction machine with a long blade used to create a flat surface during the grading process.
· Typical models have three axles, with
vehicle, with the blade in between
- In the construction of paved roads they are used to prepare the base course to create a wide flat surface for the asphalt to be placed on.
Power jack Hammer
- A jackhammer is a pneumatic or electromechanical tool that combines a hammer directly with a chisel.
- Hand-held jackhammers are generally powered by compressed air, but some are also powered by electric motors.
Larger jackhammers, such as rig mounted hammers used on construction
machinery, are usually hydraulically powered.
- An air compressor is a device that converts power (using an electric motor, diesel or gasoline engine, etc.) into potential energy stored in pressurized air (i.e., compressed air).
- By one of several methods, an air compressor forces more and more air into a storage tank, increasing the pressure