1) Cantilever Beam: A beam fixed at one end and free at the other end is known as cantilever beam.
2) Simply Supported beam : A beam supported at its both end is known as simple supported beam.
3) Overhanging beam: A beam having its end portion extended beyond the support is known as overhanging beam. A beam may be overhanging on one or both side.
4) Fixed Beams: A beam whose both ends are fixed is known as fixed beams.
5) Continuous beam: A beam supported on more than two supports is known as continuous beam.